Maryland Estate Planning Lawyer
Estate planning and organizing your affairs are smart moves for anyone, not just the wealthy. If you need a skilled Baltimore estate planning attorney, the lawyers at the Costello Law Group offer the depth of knowledge and personal attention to make the entire experience comfortable and worthwhile.
Estate planning is the process of planning and documenting the intended transfer of assets upon death. The objective of an estate plan is to ensure the maximum amount of wealth is transferred to beneficiaries upon death with careful consideration of the federal and state tax laws.
The estate refers to the total property, both personal property and real property, owned by an individual prior to distribution through a will or trust. Estate planning distributes the real and personal property to an individual’s heirs.
Drafting a comprehensive estate plan can help
- Prepare for unexpected disability
- Plan for your family when you are no longer there to do so
- Build assets over the course of a lifetime in order to provide for yourselves and your family
- Assure that assets are preserved and grown
- Avoid paying unnecessary taxes
The Costello Law Group represents clients throughout Maryland and Washington, DC, who seek assistance with:
- Drafting Wills (simple and complex)
- Irrevocable or Revocable Trusts
- Living Wills
- Durable Powers of Attorney
- Advanced Directives
- Conservatorships & Guardianships
The attorneys at the Costello Law Group have extensive legal knowledge and expertise to develop estate plans that minimize exposure to federal and state estate taxes. The Costello Law Group also offers a complete range of probate and trust administration services.
The CLG blog aims to educate those considering different forms of estate planning. We hope that the blog entries below and our firm can be a helpful resource for you and your family.
- The Benefits of Estate Planning
- Top Considerations When Creating an Estate Plan